|Once a year, usually in April and
May, Pro Lingua reviews manuscripts that have been accepted for
possible publication. Normally 2 to 5 manuscripts are selected
for publication by March of the following year.
Along with the quality of the submission, we
also consider our needs, which vary from year to year. For that
reason, we recommend that you send an email to Ray Clark (address
below) to get an initial reaction to your proposal. Provide
a brief description of your proposed book. If your idea seems
to have potential we will ask you to submit a full proposal
according to the guidelines below. Also keep in mind that the
best time to submit proposals is January - March 31.
When submitting your proposal, please provide
the following information.
1. Author's name, address, home and work phones,
fax, and email
2. Focus/Type: Reader, Grammar, Games, Teacher Resource, etc.
3. Supplementary material: CDs, Video, Teacher's Guide, etc.
4. Intended audience: Children, Adult, College, Workplace, etc.
5. Proficiency level (Beginning, Intermediate, etc.)
6. Approximate length
7. Why is this book needed? How does it differ from other books
available? How is it better?
8. Where/How/With whom has your material been tested or piloted?
9. State of completion: Finished, In progress, In the planning
10. Tentative Table of Contents
11. One or more units/chapters/sections to show the presentation
of the material
12. Please note that detailed formatting is not necessary
13. Keep in mind that if you use copyrighted material, you must
secure and possibly pay for copyright permission.
Although we will respond to email inquiries,
please do not submit proposals electronically. If you want the
material returned, include a self-addressed, stamped mailer.
If outside the U.S.A. contact us for the cost of returning the
We will review all proposals by the end of May.
You may expect to receive our decision by June 30.
Submit initial inquiries to: Ray@ProLinguaAssociates.com
Submit all proposals to:
Raymond C. Clark, Senior Editor
Pro Lingua Associates
P.O. Box 1348
Brattleboro, Vermont 05302-1348